Sit. Walk. Stand- Week 8
What is this series about?
Through this series we will be studying the book of Ephesians and learning about our position in Christ, our life in the world, and our attitude toward the enemy.
Stand- Week 8- Charlie Loften
Scripture Reference: Ephesians 6:10-11
The Spiritual World is Real
- You need to make sure you can take a stand against it.
- There is real evil out in the world.
Scripture Reference: 6:12
And there is a War.
- We spend our time generally battling each other, but the battle is not with each other, but with the spiritual evil that is scheming against us.
- This spiritual evil usually takes a couple forms
- In parts of the world, it is much more active and plays a great role of fear.
- For most of us, it is disguised in skepticism and distraction.
Scripture Reference: Ephesians 6:13-20
So be prepared
- Instead of living a life being scared, you can live a life that is thrilling.
Fighting the Bigger Battle
by Brandi Harris
In Ephesians 6, Paul hits us squarely in the face with truth the “civilized” world rarely likes to consider, namely that there is a real, effective battle being waged against us in unseen terms. Evil typically gets dismissed as poor judgement or wounding ignorance, but the pain caused by the careless fool runs deeper than anything the careless fool can fix.
We operate as if the things we can see and touch are the only ways we can manage, trying to argue with human logic and scientific proof how to fix our broken world, but Paul reveals we need more. He points us straight to Jesus.
Our healing lies in our connection to the Father, the peace we’ve found in the gospel. The faith in our salvation, beyond our understanding, guards our minds and gives us an ability to fight the evil that surrounds us. Our strength is found in the word, the Spirit of truth, and in our right living done only by grace. Our hope is made of Jesus himself.
Heavenly Father, open my eyes with your mercy. Help me to fight with the limitless power of your love.